Chicken wheezing and craning neck

VaultGirl27

Songster
Oct 22, 2019
13 week old pullet making a wheezing sound and craning her neck this morning. Lungs sound clear, the sound is coming from her throat. No other respiratory symptoms and everyone else is fine. Could something be stuck in her throat? She's also sounding like a cockerel learning to crow, but 99% sure she's a she, so I believe this sound is likely attributed to her acute issue. I had to leave for work so didn't have time to separate her, but will do so when I get home if she's still experiencing issues.

Could you post a video? TO upload a video, you'll need to post it on a video platform like Youtube or Vimeo, then copy/paste the link here.

Is she eating or drinking? Have you checked inside her mouth for any plaque deposits or lesions? How does her crop feel? Is she pooping?

I swabbed her throat and didn't see evidence of gapeworm. What wormers can treat that? I almost want to treat her anyway.

She has been drinking, but not sure she's eating. Her crop was mostly empty, but she did poop when I brought her in last night. I took a video of her breathing sounds that I'll post below. Didn't see anything in her mouth, but I'm going to check again this morning.

Also I'll add that her breathing sounds are much worse when I'm holding her than when she's walking around. Almost like she's struggling more because I'm holding her

Also I'll add that her breathing sounds are much worse when I'm holding her than when she's walking around. Almost like she's struggling more because I'm holding her
Don't hold her. She looks like she is having trouble breathing and you holding her is stressing her which is making it worse.

Don't hold her. She looks like she is having trouble breathing and you holding her is stressing her which is making it worse.
I mean I'm not holding her besides the 16 seconds of video. I just wanted to get a good video for identification. As soon as I noticed she was worse when I was holding her, I put her down.

I mean I'm not holding her besides the 16 seconds of video. I just wanted to get a good video for identification. As soon as I noticed she was worse when I was holding her, I put her down.
Oh ok great.

Have you brought home any new to you birds in the last few months?

Back
Top Bottom