Chicken with an “off” eye?

Does it appear sunken to you? I would watch it for any new signs, but the antibiotic ointment would be safe to use twice a day.
No, not sunken. Just the iris is in the wrong place
Are you in the US or Germany? Plain Neosporin or similar ointment can be a substitute if you cannot find Terramycin (oxytetracycline) ointment. Ciprofloxacin drops are also good. Saline eye wash is safe to use if no antibiotic ointment is available to you.
I'm in the U.S. and I actually have some Neosporin. Do you think it is an injury or something else?

No, not sunken. Just the iris is in the wrong place

I'm in the U.S. and I actually have some Neosporin. Do you think it is an injury or something else?
I cannot tell if there is a problem or not. The eye appears normal to me, except that it seems a little deep in the socket. Is she drinking well?

I cannot tell if there is a problem or not. The eye appears normal to me, except that it seems a little deep in the socket. Is she drinking well?
Okay

Yes, she eats and drinks well. She seems a little thin but she isn’t abnormally so, her four sisters are all about the same size.

@Eggcessive I went out to check on her, the eye seems to be watering a little and she is also doing a weird gasp when she breathes. Not every breath but every few she opens her beak and breathes funny. She was lying under the coop when I went out but quickly got up when I tossed some food on the ground to entice her over (just chicken feed, nothing special). I find it odd though that she was lying under the coop while her sisters were out running around. I am going back out now to put some neosporin on her eye. Should I try some VetRX for her respiratory?

VetRx won’t hurt, and some people swear that it helps. It has only herbal oils (oregano, rosemary, and pine balsam) and camphor, so there isn’t anything strong in it. Vicks salve might do the same.

Have you ever experienced a respiratory disease in your flock? Most can make carriers of the flock and you would probably see the occasional outbreak. You could look inside her beak for any mucus or yellow material inside. Gasping is kind of hard to narrow down. If you see any bubbles in an eye, I would start some antibiotics in her water. Tylosin, doxycycline, or a combo can treat mycoplasma.

VetRx won’t hurt, and some people swear that it helps. It has only herbal oils (oregano, rosemary, and pine balsam) and camphor, so there isn’t anything strong in it. Vicks salve might do the same.

Have you ever experienced a respiratory disease in your flock? Most can make carriers of the flock and you would probably see the occasional outbreak. You could look inside her beak for any mucus or yellow material inside. Gasping is kind of hard to narrow down. If you see any bubbles in an eye, I would start some antibiotics in her water. Tylosin, doxycycline, or a combo can treat mycoplasma.
No, I’ve never had respiratory disease in the flock. My rooster has been having some quiet and wet sounding sneezes lately and when he breathes sometimes I can hear a sort of rattle. I used VetRX and it seemed to help but I’m pretty sure it’s coming back. He isn’t lethargic or anything by the way. The pullet got up for a bit but then she went back and laid down by herself. When some of her sisters came to lie down and quickly moved to be next to them so she’s not isolating or anything. Can I buy those at Southern States or TSC? Or should I order on Amazon? Is Mycoplasma a respiratory disease?

There are a number of respiratory diseases, such as mycoplasma gallisepticum (MG,) coryza, infectious bronchitis virus, ILT, aspergillosis, and a few other viruses. Wild birds or new birds added, can carry them into a flock. You can find tylosin and doxy powder online for pigeons here below. Some feed stores may sell injectable oxytetracycline (LA200 and other brands.)
https://www.jedds.com/shop/tylan-soluble-100-g/

There are a number of respiratory diseases, such as mycoplasma gallisepticum (MG,) coryza, infectious bronchitis virus, ILT, aspergillosis, and a few other viruses. Wild birds or new birds added, can carry them into a flock. You can find tylosin and doxy powder online for pigeons here below. Some feed stores may sell injectable oxytetracycline (LA200 and other brands.)
https://www.jedds.com/shop/tylan-soluble-100-g/
Ok I will try the Tylosin

I think that Uriah may have brought it into the flock, I got him about two months ago. Is mycoplasma the most common? And will this help if it’s any of the others?

Thank you so much for the help!

This is from 2016. Would this work? I just found it in my cabinet. It is for mycoplasma specifically (says on the back). I can’t find an expiration date, so I’m wondering if it would still be good?
213BB7CF-BFBE-43B3-B74D-34EF5D37F420.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom