chicken with black poop?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by LCARTER87, Dec 31, 2011.

1. LCARTER87

LCARTER87 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2011
    Phoenix, Arizona
    I have one of our bantam's that has been sick with a respiratory infection for the past 2 weeks or so, I have been feeding her a lot of lettuce and blueberries because she loves them. Today I went into the bathroom where she is right now and her poop was basically black, is it possible this is just from the blueberries she is eating? Or maybe the medicine? Just curious if i should be worrying about it.

2. polishchickens111

polishchickens111 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2011
    Over there
    Sorry I don't have the link, but someone will come along with the famous Poop Chart. In the meantime, good luck!

3. whitejerabias

whitejerabias Out Of The Brooder

Dec 6, 2011
    I dunno about chickens, but once I brought my two year old to the doctor for vomiting and then having black poos. It was discovered that she had eaten the entire gallon of blueberries we picked the day before.

4. LCARTER87

LCARTER87 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2011
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Thank you!! I think this is normal too! She just has a respiratory infection going on and I am making sure its not something else! Maybe I should cut back on the blueberries hah!

5. Chicken_Pauper

Chicken_Pauper Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2011
    Southern California
    Quote:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by