Chicken with broken... TOE?

There's the possibity that she's got a busted toe, if it's just the one, and all other joints appear to be normal (sorta like my pinkie toe, which just dangles from not bein' healed properly ~'-)

It could be what has been suggested, and it could also be an infection ...

>>PECK HERE<< an introduction to the Anatomy of the Chicken (opens in a new window ~'-)

One more thing, in regard to waiting 'til you run out of feed? Better to get it a bit early, 'n start mixing it into what you have been using, progressively increasing the percentage of new feed. Same for cats/dogs/etc. Sudden changes can cause troubles.

There's the possibity that she's got a busted toe, if it's just the one, and all other joints appear to be normal (sorta like my pinkie toe, which just dangles from not bein' healed properly ~'-)

It could be what has been suggested, and it could also be an infection ...

>>PECK HERE<< an introduction to the Anatomy of the Chicken (opens in a new window ~'-)

One more thing, in regard to waiting 'til you run out of feed? Better to get it a bit early, 'n start mixing it into what you have been using, progressively increasing the percentage of new feed. Same for cats/dogs/etc. Sudden changes can cause troubles.
I'm pretty confident its a broken toe. However, it could devolope into infection, but from reading around I think I'll let it heal on its own, since the break won't affect her. The reason I'm pretty confident is because of the way we have to have our chickens set up, they are currently living in the coop and since we have a brahma its very possible she could've gotten in a fight and/or landed on the hens foot, thanks for the links though,

Yeah, we'll mix it in the new chicken feed pretty soon. Thanks though

I'm pretty confident its a broken toe. However, it could devolope into infection, but from reading around I think I'll let it heal on its own, since the break won't affect her. The reason I'm pretty confident is because of the way we have to have our chickens set up, they are currently living in the coop and since we have a brahma its very possible she could've gotten in a fight and/or landed on the hens foot, thanks for the links though,

Yeah, we'll mix it in the new chicken feed pretty soon. Thanks though

I can see the reason for concern, in regard to possibilities that she'll be more vulnerable to disease/infection. Get a bit worried over my own, but it's been that way for longer than any chicken would be likely to be around, and I ain't found the need to chop it off yet ~'-)

Back
Top Bottom