Chicken with deformed body

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Isla June-

Songster
Apr 8, 2022
Franklin TN.
Hey yall! I just hatched my new chicks and one of them has a deformed head, legs, and neck. It seems to be acting completely normal. Will it live? It basically looks twisty and it has a dent in its head. Its legs are zig-zag and I am super worried for my little baby chick! What should I do? Can I do anything? Will it be ok?

This happened to my other chicken...
It came out dead sadly. Why is this happening so much to me? Any tips on what I should do to help this stop happening?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-04-19 at 8.20.05 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-19 at 8.20.05 AM.png
    472.4 KB · Views: 8
Oh my goodness! Do you have a calibrated thermometer in your incubator?

This happened to my other chicken...
It came out dead sadly. Why is this happening so much to me? Any tips on what I should do to help this stop happening?
Is this your picture?
Is this a picture of the current chick you are asking about in your post number one or is this a different chick?

Is this your picture?
Is this a picture of the current chick you are asking about in your post number one or is this a different chick?
Yes, my picture. It only says screenshot because my phone doesn't work so I had to take it from my friend's phone... This picture is the chicken that died.

I have a thermometer yes. It was at 32 degrees mixed with crushed ice and a little water. My friend was taking care of it for the entire week while I was gone and I think she may have accidentally done something wrong. I was reading however and it says it may be because of chickens DNA.

Hey yall! I just hatched my new chicks and one of them has a deformed head, legs, and neck. It seems to be acting completely normal. Will it live? It basically looks twisty and it has a dent in its head. Its legs are zig-zag and I am super worried for my little baby chick! What should I do? Can I do anything? Will it be ok?
Pictures? Of this chick, not the dead one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom