Chicken with diarrhea (Pic) and slightly tired

Can you cut one of those in two, in case it is not grit or rock? Does she have grit available?
I have an update. This morning when I let the chickens out I noticed her crop was a little hard golf ball shape and when she pooped it was a white glob with clear liquid. I went back in for about 20 minutes to let her drink water and wake up. When I went back out her crop was no longer hard anymore and was full of water she drank so I massaged it a bit to see if I can help break up the ball inside. She seemed fine with it but I think I heard a couple small burps. I seperated her and put her in the baby coop I have in my shed with just grit (which she seemed happy to have some) and water for now. I'm gonna get some plain Greek yogurt later and keep her on a soft diet for a couple days to see if that helps clear it up. She is very confused about the set up

Attachments

• 20240202_074241.jpg
    20240202_074241.jpg
    510.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 20240202_074245.jpg
    20240202_074245.jpg
    415.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 20240202_074422.jpg
    20240202_074422.jpg
    578.5 KB · Views: 5
Can you offer some water scrambled egg? I would also let her out with her flock some, if you can recheck her crop early in the morning. She should not have any whole grains or seeds. If the crop is firm or doughy, it is okay to massage, but if it is squishy/puffy massage could cause her to throw up.

Can you offer some water scrambled egg? I would also let her out with her flock some, if you can recheck her crop early in the morning. She should not have any whole grains or seeds. If the crop is firm or doughy, it is okay to massage, but if it is squishy/puffy massage could cause her to throw up.
I fed her water, and mixed one scrambled egg with some Greek yogurt and she was eating that but I took it away to make sure she doesn't eat too much. If I let her out with the flock she will 100% start eating grass and not stop until I put them away. I think grass is honestly what is stopping her up

Another update. She's still eating the eggs and yogurt and being pretty normal. She's drinking what seems like a lot of water. I saw her poop and while was wet it was a lot less wet and better looking. I put a picture of what I was able to get but it was kind of scattered about and hard to see.

Attachments

• 20240202_115428.jpg
    20240202_115428.jpg
    484.3 KB · Views: 3
So this morning now her crop was not a hard ball it was more gushy like it's filled with paste and when I massage it it seems to wanna stay however I smash it. She seems uninterested in eating and drinking right after waking up which I find unusual because she always will eat and drink right away. I don't know what else to do. She's seperated, has access for water with a little apple cider vinegar and water scrambled egg with a spoon of yogurt mixed in.

She doesn’t need ACV, and it can cause her crop contents to ferment, so I would give her plain water. Poultry NutriDrench from the feed store is a good tonic with vitamins, electrolytes, amino acids, and it works as a quiet boost for aI jpg chickens. Dosage is 1ml for every 3 pounds of weight given daily for a few days.

Back
Top Bottom