chicken with hurt leg

mlcrossland

In the Brooder
Jan 3, 2016
the wind blew a heavy board that we had propped up against the chicken run and it fell on one of our chickens she limps on her leg and I'm not sure if it's broken or if it just really hurts but nothing else seems to be wrong with her but what I wanted to know is will it heal on its own if it is broken and is there anything I can do to make it heal faster She lays down often but wants to walk around a little bit it's been like this for 2 days now and we've let her go outside some we separated her from the other chickens and she is living in a little cage and our extra bedroom in our house any information will help

Sorry to hear about your chicken. The same has happened to mine before. Along with a dozen other leg injuries. Keep her isolated and limit her mobility. I know it's hard, but she needs rest and to gain her strength back. Mine have always made a full recovery. Sometimes took only one day, but could take weeks. Had a hen attacked by neighbor's dog (1/2 wolf), she could not walk at all. It took 2 months, but she is fine now.:D. Please keep me posted.

Thank you so much for the information. We have been letting her outside to run around but i will limit that and let her rest instead. I will let you know how everything goes

Back
Top Bottom