Chicken with illnesses, UPDATE gone to chicken heaven

Featherland26

Chirping
8 Years
Jul 19, 2011
England
Henietta is my only original chicken left, she is a hybrid "miss pepperpot" girl who faced many fox, dog incidents and survived. Henietta has 1 centimetre spurs and she sometimes attacks/flogs me when i am handling a hen. She had her eye pecked out ages ago (almost treated, little bit bubbly), she is going through slow molt, has a bad flash wound resently caused from the cockeral, she sometimes has clear discharge from her nose, I think she is egg bound and has prolaspe, she doesnt lay eggs ( kepts going to next box, stays in for an hour). I am conserned about her breathing as she kepts her mouth open, lifts her head and breathes in; it is not loud breathing and seems to occur most when she sits down.

Right now she is not a cheerful hen at the moment, I don't know what to do with her..
I have wormed all my hens resently, there is little red mite and no louse.

She is suffering so much, I dont want her to suffer so she will be going up to 'chicken heaven'. I think she has egg pertinitus, which |I heard is a chronic diease, not treatable and she would go eventually. RIP Henietta.

Last edited:
How old is she? I'm sure some may not agree, but at this point, if she were here, we would humanely put her down.

Sorry about your bird.

Back
Top Bottom