Chicken with injured leg.

I do wash my hands and use sanitizer a lot but well i only have 1 pair of shoes. so yes i use them indoors and out in the coop. well looks like i'm going to need a dewormer for myself too. yes I have them too. i just checked my feces... now im really freaking out :(
Go see a doctor. :hmm

Could be Mareks. Often other birds pick up on illness in a flock mate long before the human notices. Chickens will go after a sick or odd acting bird sometimes.

I don't think it is Mareks. She don't have any of the symptoms. when i touch her leg she freaks out. I have seen Mareks before and this is not a concern. her left leg under her feathers is really hot so it has to be an injury. this is not something that slowly came about either. i let them out like i do in the day and she was fine all day till when i went to put them in she was already in the coop hiding in the next box. with Mareks there would be other issues.

Do you put identification bands on your birds? I’m assuming probably not with such a small backyard flock, but if you do, sometimes the band will ride up on the leg and lodge itself high on the leg under the feathers. Often the human can’t see it, but it causes a lot of pain for the chicken.

Yikes.:eek: Makes me doubly glad I don't eat meat. Glad you are doing better, that couldn't of been comfortable at all.

yes, I'm vegan now. this is my second vegan month :D

Yea he said i should be feeling better in a few days. its basically
been drinking my blood, he said its good we found it now before i got anemic from it.
he said the labs they took last month showed antibodies in my blood but they didn't bother checking out why. but he did. hes an amazing doctor in california.

Is this what i think it is? some type of worms? this is maybe why they are attacking her? this white stuff is transparent. I can't tell it dont seem to move but hope these images help what i discovered in her poop.

IMG_20181203_163826.jpg

IMG_20181203_163332.jpg
IMG_20181203_163829.jpg
IMG_20181203_163644.jpg

Back
Top Bottom