chicken with jerky head

treeclimber233

Songster
12 Years
Nov 12, 2007
A friend of mine has a hen that is moving her head in a weird way. She is constantly moving her head from side to side in a slow steady motion. Just back and forth, back and forth....... Nothing else seems to be wrong with her. My friend has had chickens for many years and she says she has never seen anything like this before. Any clues what the problem may be?????

No Clue...I'm a newbie but this would be a great characteristic to base a name around!!! Oh the possibilities are endless! Blessings, Keri

Did you ever find out what was wrong with your chicken? I have a little girl (6 months) that has been doing this for a week and a half now and has not gotten any better. She has been blind since she was a little chick--or at least she doesn't see very well. She used to run into stuff all the time. Now she just sits with her head turned beak up in the ground. When she does pick it up, it goes back and forth wildly. Apparently she can stumble over to the food and water because she doesn't appear to be losing weight.

Back
Top Bottom