Chicken With MG?

No other birds are symptomatic?
Can you flush out the eye with saline, remove the bubbles and see if there's any debris in the eye?

Generally a sunken eye like that with bubbles is an indication of MG.
Either way, flush the eye out as mentioned above, clean it up well, apply terramycin in the eye. Tylosin can help with symptoms.

There is no cure for respiratory disease. Sometimes symptoms can be controlled with antibiotics.

Afik, there are no birds "resistant" to Mycoplasma. Some hatcheries try to keep and maintain MG Free breeder flocks by practicing strict biosecurity methods. MG is fairly wide spread.

No other birds are symptomatic?
Can you flush out the eye with saline, remove the bubbles and see if there's any debris in the eye?

Generally a sunken eye like that with bubbles is an indication of MG.
Either way, flush the eye out as mentioned above, clean it up well, apply terramycin in the eye. Tylosin can help with symptoms.

There is no cure for respiratory disease. Sometimes symptoms can be controlled with antibiotics.

Afik, there are no birds "resistant" to Mycoplasma. Some hatcheries try to keep and maintain MG Free breeder flocks by practicing strict biosecurity methods. MG is fairly wide spread.
The rest of the flock is only occasionally sneezing no other signs I check them regularly I will clean the eye out and see if that does anything

I got the poults for royal king. Possibly from cackle hatchery which is why I would suspect they have nose kind of resistance to MG

MG is caused by bacteria from possibly unhygienic conditions. I dont think there is a resistence to MG.

Here are how I treat MG, it has cleared in a couple days with these medicines:
Enrofloxin which is Baytril
Oxytetracycline, an anti MG antibiotic
Tylosin, an antibiotic for bronchial
Lidocaine eyedrops

Not sure where to get these meds outside of a vet. Baytril is otc and tilosin is otc. Just those two may work together.

Screenshot_20211201-213422_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20211201-213334_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20211201-213209_Gallery.jpg

The rest of the flock is only occasionally sneezing no other signs I check them regularly I will clean the eye out and see if that does anything
This is a photo of what it looks like I’m currently unable to take a photo now because it is dark outside

A photo of your own bird would be helpful. :hmm

If the others are sneezing, then likely you are dealing with respiratory illness.
Make sure they have plenty of ventilation in their coop and droppings are cleaned up on a regular basis.

If symptoms are mild - sneezing and no other symptoms, then monitoring symptoms would be the best course of action instead of treating with antibiotics. If you can get by without medicating, that would be best.
Flush eyes with saline, then apply terramycin eye ointment.

IF IF you have more symptoms and need to treat symptoms with an antibiotic, then Tylosin or Injectable Tylan50 would be the best choice for Mycoplasma.
Baytril (Enrofloxacin) is banned for use in poultry in the US. Some do use it, but it's a very powerful antibiotic that is best used to treat severe infection. Tylosin powder can be ordered online through Jedds.

Back
Top Bottom