Chicken with possible broken feet.. HELP PICS IN POST

Oooh, poor girl! I have a 16-hand thoroughbred mare, and have worried about possible chicken injuries, as well.
sad.png

I'd splint her feet with something to straighten them out, and try to keep her from moving around too much over the next day or so. I'm also a fan of apple cider vinegar and electrolytes. As long as she keeps eating and drinking well, she should heal up okay. At least she seems like a trooper and is managing the pain fairly well. If there are no open cuts, at least she shouldn't be in too much danger of infection setting in. I hope she gets better soon!

NEW UPDATE....

Took her to the vet today. It was good news. Both ankles are broke, and one foot broke... He does however think she could live a long life, with splinting and plenty of rest... The vet thinks she might make a good brooder, and suggested that I give her an egg or 2 and see how she does..
So I got her home and gave her an egg, my older girls have no intrest in them after they lay. As of now, she has bee on it about 2 hours, and gets up only to eat, drink, and poo.

My son has even named her, Blackberry. Since we have Storm, Curve, and several other chickens named after cell phones.
Any who, I thought I would give you an update...

Yep, it's sad
roll.png
, hubby works in telecom, so my oldest thinks it funny to name chickens after phones.. Most of my alpacas are named after classic cars. Everthing else is just named off the wall
ya.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom