Chicken with sneezing or couching problem! Help its 4 1/2 months

MrsCluckles

Songster
Feb 3, 2021
Hello I have a 4 1/2 month old pullet and she had been sneezing for three days straight now over and over again like after she sneezes she takes a 30 second break and then sneezes again, she has no runny nose she runs around and eats fine, not lethargic can anyone tell me what's up with her? There's only 1 other one who does it but it's only after she drinks something so maybe that ones just getting water up her nose I'm not sure why the 4 1/2 month old is sneezing please help I gave them electrolyte water but it didn't help

I have a video if anyone needs it and I fee her yogurt and she was drinking all of it being her usual fatty self hogging all of the food up from everyone else.

Sneezing frequently can be environmental from something irritating the nostrils such as dust or feed, or other allergens. Does she have any congestion in her chest or nasal or eye drainage? I would just watch her. If more than one develop the same sneezing every few minutes, then a virus caused infectious bronchitis might be possible. It lasts about 4 weeks, and antibiotics do not help. Wrinkled egg shells are a sign of IB virus.

Sneezing frequently can be environmental from something irritating the nostrils such as dust or feed, or other allergens. Does she have any congestion in her chest or nasal or eye drainage? I would just watch her. If more than one develop the same sneezing every few minutes, then a virus caused infectious bronchitis might be possible. It lasts about 4 weeks, and antibiotics do not help. Wrinkled egg shells are a sign of IB virus.
Also thank you I have another thread my rooster is about 2 years old now and his comb flopped over and the back of it is purple and he is acting sluggish like he sleeps all day but he eats and drinks I had him on mashed chick feed for protein and electrolytes in his water but it hasnt helped I've even gave him duramycin 3 tbsp to his water and it didnt help

Do you think he could be molting bc he's losing a little bit of feathers and no he does t have mites or lice I have checked.

Back
Top Bottom