Chicken with swollen face and eyelids......Pics attached. Please help!!

chickenmoma

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 20, 2013
Chicken with swollen face and eyelids. Pics attached. What is this? 4 to 5 mos old. Not eating or drinking much. Please help.

Don't know what to do. Please help.

Thank you!! I found it dead this morning. I thought maybe it was fowl pox too. I have lost so many in the last couple months. 3 bantams from chicken hawk attacks. Hawk went inside my coop. 2 were attacked by rooster and had neorilogical/paralysis symptoms and had to be put down. 1 bantam dound dead. 2 BO that had some kind of necrotic skin tumors/cysts died. 1 Rhode Island Red found dead and one while leghorn found dead and one BO found dead. I think that's it. I've been having chickens For about 3 Years now and really never lost that many in such a short period of time. I've been researching a lot on the Internet and this site and am learning alot about all the diseases chickens can get. I had a few sick all at the same time and it was kind of overwhelming for me. I've started a first aid kit because I've bought so many things lately to treat chickens. Veterycin, polyvisol, vit e, vit B, selenium, vet rx, Epsom salt, beta dine, hydrogen peroxide, electrolytes , nutridrench, molasses, honey, neosporin, vetwrap, probiotics. Blu-kote. Any other suggestions? Antibiotic? Sorry I went on and on. Just most so many.

Sorry for you losses... I hate to say it, but I think you might have Marek's in your flock, that would explain all of the deaths. Marek's can present in many ways, skin, eyes, internal and neurological.

Back
Top Bottom