Chicken wont stop dust bathing

A few weeks ago Omelet, my suspected possible cockerel, got so into the dust bathing trance that he/she couldn't walk straight for a bit after some of the others pushed him/her out of the hole. In the words of my 14yo, Omelet was "melting to the ground" every few steps. It was both hilarious and concerning.

15 minutes later he/she was running around normally, ripping up some of the last of the sourgrass in the pen, and doing chicken things. It hasn't happened again, but it was weird to watch.

A few weeks ago Omelet, my suspected possible cockerel, got so into the dust bathing trance that he/she couldn't walk straight for a bit after some of the others pushed him/her out of the hole. In the words of my 14yo, Omelet was "melting to the ground" every few steps. It was both hilarious and concerning.

15 minutes later he/she was running around normally, ripping up some of the last of the sourgrass in the pen, and doing chicken things. It hasn't happened again, but it was weird to watch.

ha! That’s like when you spend all day in the lake and don’t realize how relaxed-tired you are until you get back on land.

melting to the ground is such a perfect description 😂

Back
Top Bottom