Chicken wormer

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Chicken PeeWee, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Chicken PeeWee

Chicken PeeWee New Egg

Jul 20, 2016
    [​IMG]Hi, Can someone on here help me to find Flubenvet Wormer I believe my Chickens have Gapeworms & I'm having trouble finding it
    Thank You

2. Eggcessive

Eggcessive True BYC Addict Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    It is available in the United Kingdom. Valbazen, available here in the US is one of the best wormers. It is given orally 1/2 ml per chicken once and repeated in 10 days. Flubenvet is given in the feed over 5-6 days, and an exact dosage is hard to gage. If you are looking for something to treat a lot of chickens at once, there is Wormout Gel put in the water for 2 straight days. It gets all chicken worms as Valbazen does, and is available online.

3. Chicken PeeWee

Chicken PeeWee New Egg

Jul 20, 2016
    Thank You for your help I want the best wormer for my chickens which one do you find works the best Valbazen or Wormout Gel

4. Eggcessive

Eggcessive True BYC Addict Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    I prefer Valbazen because you dose each chicken by mouth with an accurate amount. You give a 1/2 ml dose to kill the worms, then repeat it in 10-14 days to get any worm eggs that hatch. For bantams, I would reduce the dosage to 1/4 ml,mand for very large birds or roosters, 3/4 ml may be needed.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by