Chicken wormer...

I have the ivermectin paste but was hoping to give something for both worming and external parasites.
smile.png

My stock was affected not too long ago. I used Flubenvet 1% Medicated Premixture, real powerful stuff!! Not sure which worms they had but it killed it. They say its effective against gapeworm, large roundworm, caecal worm, hairworm and gizzard worm in chickens, turkeys & geese.

Quote:
That's what my mom uses and what she told me to use for my chickens. She told me to ONLY use Ivermectin because any other de-wormer would kill a chicken?

I use about an inch of paste per chicken..I get them and with one hand open their Beaks then with the other, I pop the paste in. I have to say it takes coordination..LOL but once you get it, it's easy.

Last edited:
I just started using my eggs again after dosing the whole flock with generic ivermectin pour on (or, with a chicken drop on using a small syring w/out a needle). I noticed lice and choose ivermectin because they have never been wormed. I used it on all my flock, including many pullets hatched in March through later April. I dunno if you should use it on young chickens, but mine are none the worse and ALL lice are gone. I used a 2 week egg withdraw.

Do it at bedtime so they aren't running around confusing you if you have any look alikes. That happened with my EEs so instead of overdosing one I just powdered both thier butts with Sevin! Held them by the legs and dusted the behinds! I have almost 40 birds in that coop and only missed one! I also used ivermectin on my guenies w/out ill effect...since my ducks are housed seperatly and I couldn't confirm the presence of any bugs, or find the correct dose I just dusted their coop with Sevin.

I have a de wormer you can put in the water but I have to wait to get home to get the name. Got it from the coop where we get chickens. Use about 1 oz per 1 gal of water. The bottle says I can treat 800 chickens. Only have 4 so should last awhile.

How long though can you NOT use the eggs after giving them a dose of wormer. What I did last year was give them their dose of water for just one day and then gave them fresh water the next day. I believe I went for 7 or 14 days of tossing the eggs out (can you cook and feed back to chickens or can I give to my dogs). Hate to waste all those good eggs.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom