Chicken yard hawk defense

Thinks you're going to need more than just those couple-few runs of string.

Nah.
Yep. That's exactly how they act in my yard. Have also seen them maneuvering in and out of small gaps where netting had come loose or wasn't meeting up properly. I previously believed that they needed a wide open space for a snatch and grab. I've been proven wrong.

It may be better to describe the bird netting. That used to protect fruit trees not tough enough.
That would be good, if the specs are available.....string dia, material, and construction.... and hole size. But I think many are not described with such specs.

That would be good, if the specs are available.....string dia, material, and construction.... and hole size. But I think many are not described with such specs.
Bird netting has been used interchangeably between the plastic stuff used to defend fruit trees from song birds to and aviary netting that could likely support my weight. Links might fix most of problem.

Bird netting has been used interchangeably between the plastic stuff used to defend fruit trees from song birds to and aviary netting that could likely support my weight. Links might fix most of problem.
Yes, the 'names' tell next to nothing, why specs are needed.
Links are good if product page has specs.

I just purchased the same bird netting from Amazon to replace the cheap plastic aviary netting you get at the hardware store. Although thin, it seems string, so I’m thinking it will keep our the hawks, but what about bobcats? I’m having a problem with both...

Back
Top Bottom