Chicken yards with hawk netting

no, those are standard three leg antenna tower legs for home ham radio/tv type use. I salvaged an old antenna. People through all kinds of neat stuff away. Just keep an eye out. Yes, it took three years before i came across one but i got it. I was sittting on it for a year before i use it. Think outside the box, its fun.
I love repurposing items! Unfortunately, my hubs loves to throw everything out that is not being used at the moment. So many times I’m looking for something I know I had only to find it gone 🤦🏼‍♀️

I love repurposing items! Unfortunately, my hubs loves to throw everything out that is not being used at the moment. So many times I’m looking for something I know I had only to find it gone 🤦🏼‍♀️
My life story! I keep collecting pallets, he keeps burning them. 🤬 Every time I have an idea for one its gone. Drives me nuts.

So hubs decided to buy some cheap netting off eBay to save money. To say I was less than thrilled is an understatement. Took forever to put up and I spent the next week cutting robins out of it. Thankfully all but 1 robin lived.

So I decided to just buy the net you suggested and man am I glad I did. This net is awesome! Birds walk on it, sticks come right off, leaves fall through. It’s been up for 6 or 7 weeks now and I have zero complaints, best net ever!

Only issue is I had to buy bigger than we needed. I just rolled up the ends and tied them. But there is one small area I would like to get coverage on. I’m afraid to cut it but I think it would be ok. Any input or experience with cutting this net?
Thanks!

But there is one small area I would like to get coverage on. I’m afraid to cut it but I think it would be ok. Any input or experience with cutting this net?
It cuts super easily with a sharp knife or shears. If you need to "sew" sections together to make a single continuous sheet, you can use wire, UV resistant zip ties, etc.

I stitch that stuff with black nylon seine twine. About size 36 to 48. It knots well, is UV resistant for decades, and has a little stiffness to it so it is less likely to tangle. Also get a plastic net needle (shuttle) to make short work of it all.
That's probably very similar to what the netting is made of, so makes sense.

Part of the reason I use black zip ties is because I need my netting to open up down the middle, so I can access the tree overhead for annual trimming (weeping willow, the branches start weighing down the netting if not cut back). So very quick to clip the ties, do maintenance, and then zip it back up.

Back
Top Bottom