chicken4prez's chat thread! Chicken lovers welcome!!

Fun thread?

• No

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Yes

Votes: 28 90.3%

• Total voters
Pics
I'm good! I forgot to tell you guys. A couple days ago while I was eating dinner, we saw something fly over our house and land on our lawn. To our surprise it was a female and a male duck! They had to have been wild, but they where so cute! I got some pictures of them and ill see if I can post them. They stayed for about 20 mins. and then flew off.

Last edited:
Quote:
Haha! Every time I visit our coop I always bring a huge surprise back on my shoe. Wow that's awesome! I wish we had that many! Your going to have some pretty roosters.
smile.png

I'm good! I forgot to tell you guys. A couple days ago while I was eating dinner, we saw something fly over our house and land on our lawn. To our surprise it was a female and a male duck! They had to have been wild, but they where so cute! I got some pictures of them and ill see if I can post them. They stayed for about 20 mins. and then flew off.

How cool is that?!?!?! Speaking of Mallards, our drake and his two girls didn't come home till after dark last night.
rant.gif
I was so mad at them for staying out so late and making me traipse around with a flashlight, but yet I was grateful that they were safe.

Haha! Every time I visit our coop I always bring a huge surprise back on my shoe. Wow that's awesome! I wish we had that many! Your going to have some pretty roosters.
smile.png

Same here! Non-chicken people don't know how it is to have to wear a bad pair of shoes around the property and never wear the good pair until it's time to go out in public.
tongue.png

They are going to be soooooo handsome! I can't wait to see pictures of your babies when you have enough time to get new ones of them.
smile.png

~Alex

How cool is that?!?!?! Speaking of Mallards, our drake and his two girls didn't come home till after dark last night. :rant  I was so mad at them for staying out so late and making me traipse around with a flashlight, but yet I was grateful that they were safe.

Haha! Every time I visit our coop I always bring a huge surprise back on my shoe. Wow that's awesome! I wish we had that many! Your going to have some pretty roosters. :)

Same here! Non-chicken people don't know how it is to have to wear a bad pair of shoes around the property and never wear the good pair until it's time to go out in public. :p

They are going to be soooooo handsome! I can't wait to see pictures of your babies when you have enough time to get new ones of them. :)  
~Alex

Aww, well I'm glad their okay. :)

Your kidding? Haha! We do the exact same thing too! We have "property" and "public" shoes. :p I can't wait to see them! Those breeds will be gorgeous!

Here they are.
smile.png

So cute! They look just like our Marsh, Celine, and Sapphira.
hugs.gif
Your yard is so perfectly manicured!
ep.gif

Aww, well I'm glad their okay.
smile.png

Your kidding? Haha! We do the exact same thing too! We have "property" and "public" shoes.
tongue.png
I can't wait to see them! Those breeds will be gorgeous!
Good to know we're not the only ones.
highfive.gif

Any idea why my Faverolles, Ginger and Ashley, don't have salmon chests? Does yours have one?

~Alex

@Alexandra33

Well I think they are mallards, we where having guests and that's what they said they where.
Oh that bush with the yellow flowers used to get torn up by our dogs they loved to sit in the middle of it. It's looking good now, but who knows what our big dog might do to them this summer. :rolleyes:

Actually I think I do. I was reading and some Salmon Favorelle pullets will get like white and black polka dotted chests and beards when their young if they where hatchery bred. When they get older that coloring will all go away and they will have creaming chests and beards with salmon pinkish backs. :) Mine has the same issue. I'm kinda hoping she won't loose so much because I'd like to be able to tell her and my other Salmon Favorelle apart. ;)

@Alexandra33

Well I think they are mallards, we where having guests and that's what they said they where.
Oh that bush with the yellow flowers used to get torn up by our dogs they loved to sit in the middle of it. It's looking good now, but who knows what our big dog might do to them this summer.
roll.png

Actually I think I do. I was reading and some Salmon Favorelle pullets will get like white and black polka dotted chests and beards when their young if they where hatchery bred. When they get older that coloring will all go away and they will have creaming chests and beards with salmon pinkish backs.
smile.png
Mine has the same issue. I'm kinda hoping she won't loose so much because I'd like to be able to tell her and my other Salmon Favorelle apart.
wink.png

Yep, they're Mallards!
big_smile.png

Dogs and flowers don't mix, do they? But then again, neither do chickens and flowers.
roll.png

Ginger and Ashley have white chests with no color at all.....weird!

~Alex

I wish we could get some pet ducks, but they are so messy and we don't have any water source for them.
Nope, neither one mix.
roll.png

Oh ok, nope thats normal.
smile.png
That means they will be very beautiful clean lined salmon favorelles.
smile.png
You don't really have to have a water source to have ducks, I mean, we don't.
smile.png
But you're right, they can tend to be messier than chickens.

Wow, that's good news! Poor Ashley gets picked on really badly; she doesn't even have a tail, but a bare stump.
hit.gif

~Alex

Back
Top Bottom