chicken4prez's chat thread! Chicken lovers welcome!!

Fun thread?

• No

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Yes

Votes: 28 90.3%

• Total voters
So, how are you guys today?
big_smile.png

-Alex
Great! My hens were SO happy to be out:) When we opened the door they all ran out of their pen:)

Great! My hens were SO happy to be out:) When we opened the door they all ran out of their pen:)

How bout you?
Ha ha! That's how my girls are every day! They treat each new morning like they've never been outside before.
big_smile.png

I'm doing great, and falling more and more in love with my 24 chicks. They're growing up so fast!

-Alex

When did you get them again?
Well, I got the bantams a week ago today (two of which were already a week old), and the last 9 were from Tuesday.
big_smile.png

Guess what? Why did the chicken cross the road, literally? I caught my White Rock, Angel, across the road the other day, and ON the road today! Ugh......
rant.gif
I don't want a roadkill chicken!

-Alex

Well, I got the bantams a week ago today (two of which were already a week old), and the last 9 were from Tuesday.
big_smile.png

Guess what? Why did the chicken cross the road, literally? I caught my White Rock, Angel, across the road the other day, and ON the road today! Ugh......
rant.gif
I don't want a roadkill chicken!

-Alex
Oh no!
We once had a dog come over and he chased our hens across the road and many more places. What was REALLY strange was that our late hen Chicken-Noodle-Soup got inside a woodpile?! No idea how that happened

Oh no!
We once had a dog come over and he chased our hens across the road and many more places. What was REALLY strange was that our late hen Chicken-Noodle-Soup got inside a woodpile?! No idea how that happened
I have a vendetta against the beagle who belongs so someone around here, because it came over and tried to kill our girls. In fact, I was sure it had killed some, because just as I ran out, I spied a pile of red feathers from Shannon, and there was a blood-curdling shriek from the orchard. By the Grace of God, nobody was dead or injured! Needless to say, I promised that dog that if it ever came on this property again, it wouldn't be pretty.
somad.gif

Off the subject, but I've made it a habit of saying goodnight prayers with the girls. I really enjoy it.
smile.png

Wow, the woodpile? Smart girl! I guess chickens will do just about anything to get away from predators.

-Alex

I have a vendetta against the beagle who belongs so someone around here, because it came over and tried to kill our girls. In fact, I was sure it had killed some, because just as I ran out, I spied a pile of red feathers from Shannon, and there was a blood-curdling shriek from the orchard. By the Grace of God, nobody was dead or injured! Needless to say, I promised that dog that if it ever came on this property again, it wouldn't be pretty.
somad.gif

Off the subject, but I've made it a habit of saying goodnight prayers with the girls. I really enjoy it.
smile.png

Wow, the woodpile? Smart girl! I guess chickens will do just about anything to get away from predators.

-Alex
Glad they were ok!

Thats a good idea of saying prayers!
I agree with you about that dog
highfive.gif

Back
Top Bottom