Chickendog

crooked stripe

Songster
12 Years
Jan 14, 2008
N.E Ohio- Suffield
My beagle was a year old when I purchased the day olds for Meyer. He has been raised with them and they get along like they belong to the same family. I'm one of the fortunate ones that can trust their dog with the chickens. I was making a trip to the coop to feed my broody and 5 day olds when I was attacked by the chickens that could see I had something to eat. I tossed them a hand full of starter and Max joins right in the feast. Just thought folks might like to see. John

dogchicks.jpg

It is a thrill to see a dog behaving around chickens after all the horror stories about dogs hurting and killing chickens. Nicely color coordinated by the way!
JJ

Great photo. Isn't it nice to be able to trust your dog! We also have a beagle, and when we had our chickiebabies in the bathtub, she would sit there with her head on the side of the tub just staring at them. Now that they're older, the only thing they have to worry about from her is that she might push them out of the way for some of the food! Beagles are wonderful dogs (even if they are gluttons)! Enjoy your puppy and chickens!
Liz

Just have to add the picture shows all the leaves left from the passage of Ike. We spent 1 1/2 days cutting up the 8-10" tree limbs so we could get the cars out of the drive. The dairy farm across the street lost a dairy barn and 9 cows from the wind. We got power back Monday late but there are still people around the area looking till the end of the week for electric. FEMA has been passing out water and ice if you want to wait in line for 4 hours. We have passing out everything we have to help others. And of course gas prices have been 3.99 around here but folks 50 miles south and east are paying 3.38. Price fixing at it's best. John

Back
Top Bottom