Chickens and coop for sale questions

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by babyblue, Mar 3, 2011.

1. babyblue

babyblue Songster

Sep 23, 2009
    not quite sure where to ask this question, so I stuck it here.

dh and I may be moving to a home in town where keeping the chickens is not in any way possible. so I have a 4x8 (I think) coop with pop out nest boxes and a nice window and vents. a small broody coop. and then the chickens. theres 5 hatchery quality buff orp hens going on two, they still lay like bombs though. then I have out of show quality parents a blue orp rooster, 3 blue orp hens, 2 splash orp hens, and 1 black orp hen. the bbs are just at point of lay now. if we end up moving how much should I ask for these guys? and the coops. I dont want to hose some one, but Id rather not get hosed myself.

2. CMV

CMV Flock Mistress

Apr 15, 2009
    I think your asking price may be dependent on where you are located. Do you mind sharing what general location you are at?

3. Dixiedoodle

Dixiedoodle Songster

Apr 14, 2007
    The two yrs old aren't going to be worth as much as the younger ones. I paid 12$ each for my POL pullets and 10$ for a roo.. BUT I would NOT take 25$ for any of my girls.. even my two yr old are starting back to lay after a long molt... You will have to ask around in your area/ look at fliers in the feed store/ try looking on Craigslist for comparable items..

Last edited: Mar 3, 2011
  4. allieloveschickens

allieloveschickens Songster

May 20, 2010
    San Diego
    I bought two hens EE hens for $20 each, one is 7 months and one is 1.5 years. Seems like a reasonable asking price for young hens- but for 2 year old hens you might not be able to get as much. For the show quality chickens you could probably ask more though- but I don't have any experience buying or selling SQ chickens so I'm no help there.

5. babyblue

babyblue Songster

Sep 23, 2009
    central pa. Ive checked craigs list. there are no orps to be found, for months. usually only brs silkies and mutts. when feed stores have chicks and such the orps are always gone with within hours. I think I should check out the 4her in need of chickens too. that would be a win win for the birds and the kids.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: