Chickens and ducks and geese and turkey

chickLou

In the Brooder
Dec 30, 2017
can chickens and ducks share the same coop? Also two geese and a turkey lol?
Next question. I have four adult hens that I purchased as adults to start getting eggs and I have twelve semi-baby chickens that are 12 weeks old. They all share the same coop and have done well together. My question is I haven’t free ranged them. We live in a very rural community but we have a little less than an acre of land and it’s not fenced in. Can I let them free range or will they all scatter in the wind lol? Property next to us is mostly just over grown. Guy across the street from me has a cow and a large chicken coop all nice and f need in lol. Sorry for the long post just trying to learn as much as I can. Thanks for any advice you can give me.

Yes.All of thoughs animals can leave together but you need additional added on space.Geese are large and so are turkeys and depending on what ducks you gets,they be quite big too.I don’t have a fenced in yard and of course I have twelve acres and neighbors are pretty fairly spread apart,but mine never scatter far.Occasiinaly our ducks will go to our pond (Depending on the time of year),and our chickens go in our field and occasionally the woods,but I don’t catch them in the road,rarely ever.You should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom