chickens and ducks?

kmartinez

Chirping
5 Years
Jan 9, 2015
Okay so tonight I went to tractor supply getting propane had to wait in a huge line so hubby waited with the tanks and I went inside when I saw a sign that said chick days ust to look at the cuties...But i saw ducks omg cute brown ducklings shakin their tail ends omg so adorable..Now i want 2...

But before i take the duckling plunge i am curious to know some things.
My chicks are going on 5 weeks if i was to get a couple they cannot be in with in chickens in the run or can they? I know they should not share the same house I realized that seeing damp bedding around the water bowl in their bins. But if I make em a small house inside the run area would this work or no separate completely? and give the 2 ducks their own coop, run and not let them mingle together?

Thanks for the advice I never thought about a duck until i saw them man i fell in love with the darlings

They can coop together but the water will need to be in the run and no water sources inside the coop. Ducks are messier and their poop does include large amounts of water but otherwise they can handle being in the same environment just fine. If you go with a duck like a runner they don't have nearly as much desire for water as some of the other breeds.

Back
Top Bottom