Chickens and Mint

My chickens love mint!
Mint won't hurt your chickens.... personally, I don't think that mint will deter the mice. If you have a rodent problem, trap or poison them, just make sure your chickens don't have access to the traps or poison.

I love mint in both ice cream and chocolate but I prefer sage, parsley, salt, and black pepper with my chicken. The Colonel's 11 secret herbs and spices are also tasty.
Let us know if you find the perfect spice to go with mice.

I love mint in both ice cream and chocolate but I prefer sage, parsley, salt, and black pepper with my chicken. The Colonel's 11 secret herbs and spices are also tasty.
Let us know if you find the perfect spice to go with mice.

My crazy chickens also love rosemary, oregano, sage, and thyme (but not basil). I think they're trying to season themselves from the inside out. Less work for me when it is time for freezer camp!

Mint won't hurt your chickens.
As for mice...personally, I don't think that mint will deter the mice. If you have a rodent problem, trap or poison them, just make sure your chickens don't have access to the traps or poison.
They are in thetrun eating the food. I have tried, and tried I've put out a dozen traps, plus bucket traps all at the same time, And the little buggers just run right around the traps or jump over them. They will go half way up the board to the bucket then turn around and come back down. I can't use poison, too many other animals .

Back
Top Bottom