chickens and pigs...will they get along?

Bullettooth

Hatching
5 Years
Dec 25, 2014
I have 25 hens and 2 roosters. They have a large coop, their run is a electronic fence of about 1.25 acres. They share this with 2 goats. We are thinking of adding 1-2 guinea pigs.
My question is: can i put them together in the same fenced in area?
This fence is 5 strings 3 - 4 inches apart starting at 3 inches above the ground.
We also plan on adding 5 ducks this month too.
I can extend the fence another acre too if you advise me too.
Thanks so much for your input!

When you say Guinea pigs, I assume you don't mean the rodent. I raise pigs, Hampshires and Yorkshires, and if they are on the right diet, getting the right nutrients there shouldn't be a problem. However, I have heard horror stories of pigs killing chickens and eating them. I personally wouldn't let them be together, just to be safe. I keep my pork and poultry separate. Pigs after all are omnivores. If you have any more hog related questions feel free to contact me.
Best of luck,
Samantha

When you say Guinea pigs, I assume you don't mean the rodent. I raise pigs, Hampshires and Yorkshires, and if they are on the right diet, getting the right nutrients there shouldn't be a problem. However, I have heard horror stories of pigs killing chickens and eating them. I personally wouldn't let them be together, just to be safe. I keep my pork and poultry separate. Pigs after all are omnivores. If you have any more hog related questions feel free to contact me.
Best of luck,
Samantha

X2. I would keep them separate.

OK, now that that is established, that breed of swine is generally more 'docile' then others around other animals, but I personally still would not trust them around poultry unsupervised...

Cause everyone loves chicken for dinner
wink.png

they should get along chickens and pigs the old saying is you feed the cows and the cow poop feeds the hogs and the hog poop feeds the chickens
so in anyways that means they would stick them all together

Absolutely not, pigs will likely eat them. Made that mistake myself, thought a fox was getting in but then saw the pigs hunt a hen like a pack of dogs!

Back
Top Bottom