chickens and rabbits

I am so glad someone asked this! The way I'm building my chicken house (at this point, it can't just be called a coop) I am building a brooder wall that is 3 enclosed levels each at least 2 feet deep X 6 feet wide X 18 inches tall. It will be basically a three tier hutch with the bottom 2 1/2 feet open to chicken traffic. In the beginning my 30 or so chicks will be in the brooder moved amongst the 3 as they grow, but once they graduate to the main house, my nursery will be empty.
hit.gif
wahhhh!

I just don't think I could bear to see them empty, so I was planning to thoroughly clean them and then replace with rabbits...DH is gonna be ticked. Tee hee!
wee.gif
I am such a Critter Getter! Dang, I should have made that my name!
he.gif
Anyway, they will be separate from the chickens, no one will be able to roost on top of them and they won't be released into the same space. Hope everyone will fare well semi-together. Hmm, maybe that will prevent me from ordering more chicks than I should...yeah right!

Sending my love out to all you other Critter Getters, and especially to all your critters!
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom