1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

chickens and Rain

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by belgie, Jun 23, 2011.

1. belgie

belgie Out Of The Brooder

May 27, 2011
    It has been raining off and on all day today and my 6 layers wont go inside! They seem to love water. I started pouring the water in the run when I change it and they run over and peck and scratch, they just love it. Do anyone else' s hens love water? Do you think they will get sick from being out in the rain all day?

BTW still loving being a chicken owner (although DH would argue the own me!)

2. chi-rn

chi-rn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2011
    Mine stay out in rain too... I think they're hoping the crickets will start hopping![​IMG]

3. poseygrace

poseygrace Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    Georgia
    A few of mine love the rain, and they will stay out in it. The rest run under cover. I have noticed that when I leave the hose running, like when I am doing a good clean, they love to come over and take a drink from it. Maybe they just like it fresh, who knows?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by