chickens and the post office

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by timbo2, Mar 3, 2014.

1. timbo2

timbo2 New Egg

Jul 21, 2013
    hey tim here i have been a buy stander and coming on to the site when we needed help well i thought i would join and and hopefully help out when i can me and my wife have around 60 to 70 chickens maria my wife treets them like kids so you can say that we have 60 kids and it feels like it sometimes. we have just gone through a realy tough time . my wife maria ordered 100 chicks from mucmurary hatchery and this is not going to be a bash at them . but we were told that they had been sent and we had to watch for them .well 3 days went buy and my wife started to freak out . we finally got them 5 days later well you know what comes next. we opened the box and 33 were alive the rest had diead . i dont know what mucmurray could have done any different but some humans just dont get it the box had 2 day priority rush delivery stampped all over it . but it is like getting kicked in the teeth your upset but you dont know who to blame . o well we lost some so we endded up with 29 out of the 106 that were shipped i will say that all moneys was refunded. any way we have some americanas and new hampshire and some buffs in different colours hope to talk to you soon tim maria

2. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Welcome to BYC [​IMG] Glad you joined us! I'm so sorry to hear about your awful experience. That is really, really sad.

3. N F C

N F C dem crazy bones Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Hi Tim & Maria, welcome to BYC. What a disappointment with your new chicks. I hope the ones you have do well for you and you guys enjoy them.

4. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

I am so sorry. [​IMG] I hope your heart can heal soon. But I am glad you have some left to enjoy. [​IMG]

5. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! So sorry about the bad experience with the chicks. Glad at least some of them made it safely to you.

6. CarolinaHen

CarolinaHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2013
    South Carolina
    So sorry you lost your chicks [​IMG]

7. chick rookie

chick rookie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2013
    Terre Haute, In
    [​IMG] sorry about you chicks, I would be screaming at the post office.

1 person likes this.
  8. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hello, Tim and Maria, welcome to BYC. Sorry about your losses in shipment.

9. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    what a horrible thing to experience. I have tracked shipments for a friend of mine and it just seems like the PO ping pongs them from one state to another with no rhyme or reason to it. Once she had pullet coming from NY to suburban Chicago and she took a detour to Arizona - why?

10. timbo2

timbo2 New Egg

Jul 21, 2013
    thanks for all the nice replys it is tough but life here in williamsburg virginia goes on . we had the first day of none of the new chicks dieing . so for know life is cold but good . thanks again its nice to know that there people out there that care. thanks tim maria

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by