chickens and the post office

timbo2

Hatching
6 Years
Jul 21, 2013
hey tim here i have been a buy stander and coming on to the site when we needed help well i thought i would join and and hopefully help out when i can me and my wife have around 60 to 70 chickens maria my wife treets them like kids so you can say that we have 60 kids and it feels like it sometimes. we have just gone through a realy tough time . my wife maria ordered 100 chicks from mucmurary hatchery and this is not going to be a bash at them . but we were told that they had been sent and we had to watch for them .well 3 days went buy and my wife started to freak out . we finally got them 5 days later well you know what comes next. we opened the box and 33 were alive the rest had diead . i dont know what mucmurray could have done any different but some humans just dont get it the box had 2 day priority rush delivery stampped all over it . but it is like getting kicked in the teeth your upset but you dont know who to blame . o well we lost some so we endded up with 29 out of the 106 that were shipped i will say that all moneys was refunded. any way we have some americanas and new hampshire and some buffs in different colours hope to talk to you soon tim maria

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Glad you joined us! I'm so sorry to hear about your awful experience. That is really, really sad.

Hi Tim & Maria, welcome to BYC. What a disappointment with your new chicks. I hope the ones you have do well for you and you guys enjoy them.

images

I am so sorry.
hugs.gif
I hope your heart can heal soon. But I am glad you have some left to enjoy.
smile.png

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! So sorry about the bad experience with the chicks. Glad at least some of them made it safely to you.

what a horrible thing to experience. I have tracked shipments for a friend of mine and it just seems like the PO ping pongs them from one state to another with no rhyme or reason to it. Once she had pullet coming from NY to suburban Chicago and she took a detour to Arizona - why?

thanks for all the nice replys it is tough but life here in williamsburg virginia goes on . we had the first day of none of the new chicks dieing . so for know life is cold but good . thanks again its nice to know that there people out there that care. thanks tim maria

Back
Top Bottom