Chickens are a thing of beauty!

lauriefishies

Chirping
Nov 16, 2018
Let me introduce myself. My name is Laurie and I absolutely love chickens. At this point of time I have not owned chickens for about three years. My flock of eight has ended in tragedy and I just haven't gotten over the trauma of loosing them. Live in rural Tn and all was well for a few years until I had a rash of fox and dog attacks during the day when they were free ranging. Well I joined BYC to help me overcome my fear of having another flock again. I also started volunteering at a farm rescue to experience the beauty of chickens again and to remind me of my fascination with the connection of birds with dinosaurs. I could watch them all day! zxxx I still have a long way to go mentally to raise a flock again. Also I need to secure a run for them since I have allot of predators here. I just want to thank everyone for posting pics and for all the info on this site.

alexa009

Crossing the Road
Apr 6, 2017
Texas
My Coop
My Coop
Welcome to Backyard Chickens Laurie! We are glad you joined the flock!:welcome BYC is a helpful site providing all the information you need to know about poultry! There is always space for more members on the BYC roost!:highfive: Please keep your chickens penned up to avoid predators like dogs. Hardware cloth will prevent them from getting in depending on height. Over 4 ft should work. Hope you enjoy it here as much as we all do!

ronott1

A chicken will always remember the egg
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
10 Years
Mar 31, 2011
Woodland, CA
My Coop
My Coop
GroupWelcome.gif

The gang at BYC says Welcome!

There is a lot of information on here about predator proofing!

Top Bottom