chickens are getting sick and dying randomly. please help me diagnose :(

I just made another post on my hen that just died today if anyone is interested. so devastating 😕

Hi everyone today i’m absolutely devastated. Another one of my hens is acting sick and lethargic and I have no idea what’s wrong with my flock. For some backstory, two months ago I had two chickens die from an unknown illness. They were both acting lethargic and got worse as the days passed. They stopped eating, drinking, and eventually died. One of them had liquid poop caked onto his butt also. I have a whole post about this on my account that you can look at if you’d like. Anyways I thought it was just some illness that went through my flock and passed but I guess I am wrong. Yesterday I checked on my chickens and I noticed my cochin acting very weird. She was acting lethargic and couldn’t walk right when i took her out of the coop. She was stumbling around for a while but eventually was walking normal again. Well today when I went out to feed them she again was acting weird and lethargic but was walking fine. I checked her butt and there was liquid poop on her feathers. So obviously there is something wrong with her and i’m assuming it’s the same thing that killed my other two chickens a few months ago. I have her separated from the rest of my flock. I tried my best to figure out what was wrong with them but couldn’t. Maybe mareks? I really don’t know. Someone PLEASE help me diagnose them, I really want to help my flock if I can. thanks for reading :(
If they have diarrhea and are lethargic, one of the most common cases is coccidiosis. Try giving them some coccidiosis medicine (found online and at tractor supply) by putting about a tablespoon inside their water.

Back
Top Bottom