Chickens are partying at night !!!

RoosterML

🥇Ukraine 🥇
5 Years
Nov 5, 2018
Tolland County Connecticut, USA
After reviewing some trail cam footage i can say with proof that chickens do see in the dark and are up having a mid night party or snack. I was monitoring the birds as i just switched them over to Horizontal Nipples. The trail cam caught video of them from 12:30 am until about 3:30am coming down off the roost for some little midnight snacks along with a drink as a night cap. Now i have some really special birds which i highly doubt or despite contrary belief chickens do see in the dark. Here is a picture from about 3am that shows some birds up and about having a drink. I do have a faint night light which is behind the curtain roughly around the red dot in photo. Where i caught the birds on cam that night light is worthless and does not provide them with any help seeing in the dark. So rest assure while you think your birds are safe asleep they maybe actually be having a poker game sipping on gin n tonic. All seriousness i just wanted to share my recent findings that our birds may actually see pretty well in the dark despite contrary belief or at least my belief.
nite vid.png

After reviewing some trail cam footage i can say with proof that chickens do see in the dark and are up having a mid night party or snack. I was monitoring the birds as i just switched them over to Horizontal Nipples. The trail cam caught video of them from 12:30 am until about 3:30am coming down off the roost for some little midnight snacks along with a drink as a night cap. Now i have some really special birds which i highly doubt or despite contrary belief chickens do see in the dark. Here is a picture from about 3am that shows some birds up and about having a drink. I do have a faint night light which is behind the curtain roughly around the red dot in photo. Where i caught the birds on cam that night light is worthless and does not provide them with any help seeing in the dark. So rest assure while you think your birds are safe asleep they maybe actually be having a poker game sipping on gin n tonic. All seriousness i just wanted to share my recent findings that our birds may actually see pretty well in the dark despite contrary belief or at least my belief.
View attachment 1594696
LOL
That is so funny
I should so get some trail cams

Well, don’t tell my girls. They get nada at night. I’m not going to change that. Coop itself is quite snail: 3 square feet; on cold nights I close them in, and don’t get them up til sunrise. It’s been unseasonably cold and rainy this fall in SE TX, a few nights below freezing already. If it’s going to be warmer than 50 at night, I’ll leave inside coop door open; they can come out to drink only.

Yeah I am still waiting to see one of the Orps use it, they have been cheating though, with snow melting they been hitting the puddles for alittle sip.
That's fine......mine eat snow all the time....or rain/melt puddles or drips hanging on the run mesh. Water consumption always goes down on days there are other moisture sources.

Back
Top Bottom