Chickens are so cute sometimes

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by NYRIR, Jan 17, 2011.

1. NYRIR

NYRIR Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2010
    Petersburg,NY
    I had to laugh....my son left the light on in the coop tonight by accident...so I get home late,go out to shut the light off.I see my "Top Roo" laying on the floor of the coop,directly under a heat lamp...he looks at me like "What?! I'm still rugged! I can handle the cold!"Guess you had to see the look...way too cute! I love chickens! [​IMG]

2. greekbioguy

greekbioguy Out Of The Brooder

Dec 25, 2010
    i can imagine his look . ''whats wrong , leave me alone, i am cold'' animals can be very funny, sometimes you know exactly what they are feeling and thinking just by the looks on their faces

3. magicpigeon

magicpigeon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2010
    I saw my 2 roos sleeping side by side in the sun but once they noticed me they quickly ran away from each other. Awww, too bad. I would have totally used that picture as emotional blackmail every time the top roo get a little mean with "mini" Michael [​IMG]

4. NYRIR

NYRIR Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2010
    Petersburg,NY
    [​IMG] Chickens are so expressive...I never knew... I just love the way you can tell what they're thinking!

5. michickenwrangler

michickenwrangler To Finish Is To Win

Jun 8, 2008
    NE Michigan
    Mine are all huddled in the coop because of the 5 terrifying inches of snow we got this morning [​IMG]

6. abhaya

abhaya Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2010
    cookeville, tn
    my roo sleeps on top of a chicken pile every night lol

7. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

I have two fairly old chicks (10 and 13 weeks, respectively) in "hospital" in my bathroom, plus two smaller brooder bins with chicks in them. The frizzled Cochin has learned to hop over to the wire grate covered brooder containing the youngest chicks, to lay down under the heat lamp and turn on its side, wing outstretched, to "sun bathe." It even rolls over to warm the other side! Then it taught the older chicken, a Salmon Favorelle cockerel, the same trick.

Not only is it amusing, but I think it's quite clever!

8. mrsbos

mrsbos Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2010
    Greenacres, WA
    I feel sorry for all my friends and family who have to listen to me gush about my 3 chickens--two who have just started laying. I swear they get cuter every day and I love them even more![​IMG]

9. SunnyCalifornia

SunnyCalifornia Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2010
    Escondido CA
    Quote:Oh my goodness, me too! And my two daughters! Everyone must think we are totally nuts. My favorite thing is to go say good morning to everyone, just as the sun is coming up. They look forward to my handfuls of goodies that I bring for them. On the cold days, I bring them warm oatmeal. On warm mornings, it may be seeds, raisins or yogurt. I just love spoiling them.

10. cleoandtheo

cleoandtheo Chillin' With My Peeps

That's why I love this forum -- I love that I have found my people!
    Chickens are bliss!!!
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by