Chickens arent allowed in Forest Grove, OR?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
So are dogs, but that doesn't mean they can cause damage on your property because something entices them.

Just get rid of the cat, and use your best poker face when they start wondering what happened to the little stray they'd been feeding.

I agree. I would put a can of tuna in a live trap, get them one by one and take them for a nice drive to the shelter.

Letting them go out in the country as strays is not the thing to do. Stray feral cats become problems for people like me, who live out in the middle of nowhere. :mad: Unfortunately, feral cats have quick deaths at the end of our 30.06 rifle.

I love kitties, but feral cats are a HUGE problem for us.

Jess

i called my parents friend, who lives in forest grove and has chickens. he told me to call his friend, who has chickens. this guy knew a lot.

he said there is no law regarding chickens. he said that i shouldnt have any roosters (even if there isnt a law) and he said that it was like a barking dog. if neighbors think its a nuisance they can get rid of it. no laws, not illegal. just annoyed neighbors. what do my neighbors have against my chickens? theres no rooster anymore! whats to complain about? they only go loud when a stupid cat comes into the yard!! i was friends with this neighbor, at least i thought i was. who knew she was this mean?

Quote:
i called my dad who thought of a cat trap. he says not to, as she already came to my house one time he was missing thinking we already got to him. also, now we know shes crazy. one hour she doesnt think she has her cat she'll get rid of my chickens.

i did ask about a limit on cats. there isnt a single law about cats in washington county, but there is on dogs. i to, believe cats should be indoor animals, but i am not going to start a debate thread, as terrielacy is watching my thread lol.

A lot of ordinances are ambiguous in their wording or you may find that that they neither allow or disallow them or as long as they are "pets" you are in the clear. I wouldn't get too worked up about it until you can verify.

If it is illegal it shouldn't be too hard to convince the council that there needs to be an exclusion for poultry as pets since neighboring Portland allows it.

...Just reviewed your latest posts, seems you figured it out...

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, good luck with this. If your chickens are indeed permitted, there isn't much she can do. Beside that, she would need to prove they were a nuisance. And as far as that goes, you could prove the cat was a nuisance just as easy.

But seriously, I hope this just calms down and doesn't escalate for you. I guess she wouldn't appreciate a dozen fresh eggs once a week or so?

Good luck-
Jess

What do you mean she will "she'll get rid of my chickens"? Are you saying
she will come on your property and take them when you are not there?

I have had problems with neighbors and talked to many others who have
had problems also. The best thing to do is ignore them and try to make
the best of things. Hopefully this is just something that will pass.

Continue to research the actual law and see if there
have been any cases like this in your area. Talk to the feed store also.

Don

she already went around the neighborhood. and they said they were nuisances.

meaning, she could call the city with signatures, or just go to the neighbors, and have the city take them away.

my chickens are pets - hence the big vet bill from the wound that darn cat gave my chick (excuse my french)

a dozen of eggs? what? i officially dont like that neighbor anymore, and i only have one laying so far, one about to lay, and a chick. the one laying is a banty.

I called the feed store earlier today, and they had no idea. i asked if i got the paper work, if they would have custumers sign a petition. they said yes of course, since they profit from chicks, food, straw, feeders, etc.

unfortunately, she did copy this document, which was typed, and dated (yesterdays date though...) and if she copied this, it may mean she'll bring me to court.

my dad now calls her the crazy cat lady. she stays home with her cats.

i'm keeping those chickens. i already had to get rid of my rooster, which was my favorite pet i have ever had (who would've known with the super spendy parrots and pure breed cats, a $3.50 chick was my favorite?)

i'm going to talk to my neighbors (not the crazy one) tommorow to see why they see my chickens are nuisances.

Just let it go... Your chickens aren't a nuisance and she can't do anything about them. She is only making threats because she feels she has the upper hand with your birds being "illegal". Spend the extra time with your birds instead of pursuing it with the neighbors. It will be better for your blood pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom