Chickens at the Kabul City Wall

Kiniska

Songster
7 Years
Nov 8, 2012
English, Indiana
Thought a few of your guys might get a kick out of this, a friend of mine is in Kabul for a while and took a picture of some chickens. Anyone have a guess as to breed?

385035_786098914940_1335733094_n.jpg

Thought a few of your guys might get a kick out of this, a friend of mine is in Kabul for a while and took a picture of some chickens. Anyone have a guess as to breed?

385035_786098914940_1335733094_n.jpg
Thank your for the picture!

The Rooster looks like an EE. The others look a bit like an Icelandic of some sort.

They are probably barnyard mixes though

Probably mixes, but I kinda liked the way they looked. Neat to see chickens in an environment where they are the difference between eating or not. These birds represent what is so great about the chicken. Adaptable resource.

so true about chickens being adaptable. I served a mormon mission in Honduras and was always fascinated with the chickens and how they just flourished in a country where there semed to be nothing to eat. I used to find spilled corn and carry it in my pockets to feed to the chickens just to get a closer look at them. Chickens are a truely amazing animal. Vive los pollos!

Back
Top Bottom