Chickens by Easter .... Maybe

What about putting linoleum over the tongue and groove floor?
It's an idea but I don't think the glue would stick to that dirty floor and I don't think the linoleum would stay down without the glue.

I think the BlackJack is the better way and probably easer too. I just have to decide on OSB or plywood to cover the original floor. Being a cheapskate sometimes the OSB seems to be winning LOL.

It's an idea but I don't think the glue would stick to that dirty floor and I don't think the linoleum would stay down without the glue.

I think the BlackJack is the better way and probably easer too. I just have to decide on OSB or plywood to cover the original floor. Being a cheapskate sometimes the OSB seems to be winning LOL.

We did not use glue...just nail/screws around the edge or put a perimeter board on top (to hold down), all around the edge.

It's not that their claws are rough on wood, it's the moisture from the poop seeping into the floor that's the issue.

BlackJack 57 is a popular product on here but needs to be applied to clean, unpainted wood. I don't know if it would work on OSB.
While researching BlackJack, I came across a couple of post from BYC that discussed BJ and OSB. From what was said on them the BJ worked very good on the OSB.

Got the overhead door out and the major roof leak fixed today. The images aart wanted are pretty self-explanatory. Only thing new to add is that the floor isn't tongue and groove like I thought it was. But the good thing is that the shed is still level after all these years.

tempImagexhHlOm.jpg tempImage3VxbNa.jpg tempImagedolD7F.jpg tempImagea46hmx.jpg tempImagerLyzfo.jpg

Is that stained wall/floor section from an inside leak or from outside?
Odd that it's contained so low and between the studs.
Inside .... water leaking in from the roof was splattering on the wall as it hit the floor. One of the images shows where I cut the rotted purlin out and scabbed a 2x4 back in. I will find out next time it rains if it's fixed or not for sure.

Back
Top Bottom