Chickens CAN swim

Singy

Hatching
7 Years
Apr 27, 2012
New Ringgold, PA
I just saw the most amazing spectacle. A fox went after a hen. The hen took flight, flew a hundred yards, and landed in the pond. She then swam all the way across the pond, about 50 feet. I chased the fox away and she followed me safely back to the barn.
This was a feed store Americana.

WOW!
ep.gif

I had a wonderful little chicken until 2 days ago. She had adopted 2 ducklings 2-3 times her size and they all hung out during the day at the 1/4 A pond. The ducks swam and then would come in when she called and hang out then swim again. One day I was swimming in the pond and saw 3 animals on the pond and one was the chicken. She swam all the way across the pond. Just to be sure I got it right I took her out again and she swam into shore. I was hopeful that that ability would protect her. She sleeps over at the house in a cage while the ducks sleep on a raft. two days ago we took her out to her friends on the pond and went back with food at 9:30AM snd she was gone. She is always there when we call and is always with the ducks or nearby. I'm afraid it was a raccoon that has taken other of our young animals. We are devastated. Just after sunset each night I would go down to the swing by the pond and wait for her. She would run up the grass.. hop on the swing, then hop on my lap and finally shoulder and I would walk her up to the house where she would play on the porch table for a bit and then go in her cage for the night. As you can imagine... we are just devastated to lose our little "Darling"

I had a wonderful little chicken until 2 days ago. She had adopted 2 ducklings 2-3 times her size and they all hung out during the day at the 1/4 A pond. The ducks swam and then would come in when she called and hang out then swim again. One day I was swimming in the pond and saw 3 animals on the pond and one was the chicken. She swam all the way across the pond. Just to be sure I got it right I took her out again and she swam into shore. I was hopeful that that ability would protect her. She sleeps over at the house in a cage while the ducks sleep on a raft. two days ago we took her out to her friends on the pond and went back with food at 9:30AM snd she was gone. She is always there when we call and is always with the ducks or nearby. I'm afraid it was a raccoon that has taken other of our young animals. We are devastated. Just after sunset each night I would go down to the swing by the pond and wait for her. She would run up the grass.. hop on the swing, then hop on my lap and finally shoulder and I would walk her up to the house where she would play on the porch table for a bit and then go in her cage for the night. As you can imagine... we are just devastated to lose our little "Darling"
So sorry
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom