Chickens carry tons of diseases... (CPS alert!)

Oh the horror, you have those, those FARM ANIMALS in your bathroom!
lol.png
I guess he'd really have a coniption fit if he knew how many of us have brooded chicks in our dining rooms! (hey you do what you have to at the moment!)

The guy sounds like an idiot. Honestly, what kid doesn't have clothes on the floor?! Stupid of him to even bring it up. My 10 year old, who has no excuse of any kind, daily leaves clothing and towels on the floor that I have to get after him about. Not to mention my teenager. It sounds like that guy was just looking for anything at all.

How did CPS wind up being there in the first place?

Quote:
You know I grew up in a smaller area of Missouri. It was a town but it wasn't a big city by any means. My great grandmother had a few laying hens and my aunt had a small farm with horses, chickens, cows, etc. I grew up rolling in the grass playing in whatever was in it. When you got done you washed and called it good. Lord knows the amount of hamsters I had as a kid that threw their poo out of their cages.

I've always been in fairly clean houses growing up. Sometimes the houses had some clutter or disorganization. Clothes on the floor in kids rooms or piled in front of the washer in the utility room. Smelly old basements (that really happened in missouri a lot! lol)

I just remodeled this house. There are a few projects unfinished but nothing hazardous. You should've seen it before :p

here is a glimpse.
Kitchen before
IMAG0350.jpg

Kitchen after. Doors weren't put up yet at that point
IMG_7412.jpg

Daughter's bedroom before
IMAG0361.jpg

And after (much cleaner now this was still unpacking phase)
IMG_7416.jpg

My room before
IMAG0356.jpg

My room after (without furniture for some reason I didn't take one with my bed and nightstand in it. oh well)
_MG_1653.jpg

I won't lie, I'm a bit OCD but not like over the top. I like things to be neat and orderly in my house it makes me feel zen lol

Quote:
My ex-fiance wanted to cause me issues. he called the police late Thursday night. My lawyer said it sounded as though he was intoxicated and called the police to file a report late Thursday. The report said he tried many times to contact me about belongings I stole and some of them worth quite a bit of money. I'm not sure what all it was that he was claiming because they really wouldn't tell me. He was a serious hoarder and when he moved out he left 98% of his stuff in the garage and the house. I know that when his house foreclosed it was still full and the bank had it cleaned out. Anyway she got them to realize clearly there was no proof and only his drunken ramblings that I had stolen anything and without proof they could not arrest me for anything. He didn't personally witness me stealing anything nor was there any communication as such. Just so you know I didn't steal a dang thing from him. He's given me nothing but problems. He wanted a lap band surgery and had to lose 40 lbs before they would approve him. He gained 20 and I lost 45 just eating healthy. That made him mad. He foreclosed on his house because he didn't want to pay the $500 mortgage payment anymore. He wanted more money for his toys. He moved in with his parents. Yup his parents. He's in his late 30s btw and works at a well know media business here in this state with a good job.

So that's why the police were there. The younger more grumpy officer was really upset when I refused to talk to them anymore and called a lawyer to come over. He got really irritated with me and then he called CPS saying my house was "groddy"

Quote:
I really want to get really uppity about this and get a lot of word out. But if it's as you say then I'm going to have to talk to a lot of people personally first before making a big stink. I was already harrassed today too. My daughter was jumping around and fell and hurt her foot outside on the playground at school. We went to the hospital for x-rays and she has a stress fracture. On the way home I was followed by police and they pulled in behind in my driveway and began interrogated me as to who was in my house, did I have drugs, who was in my car. I told them, look I've never even held illegal drugs in my hand or seen them in person much less owned any. My daughter is sitting in the front seat with the window down and she fractured her foot and is on crutches and needs my help. She's sitting there crying because of this. They finally leave me alone.

I asked my brother if he knew if this type of thing happened often. He said it did unfortunately and he's been part of a group that has prosecuted and had a few members removed from the force. So lawyer is working on it again.

My friend had a ticket she disputed for running a red light. She won because the officer was caught in a lie and after that for a few weeks she was constantly followed. I thought she was nuts until we went out for the afternoon together. She literally had a cop behind her until she made it into Meridian from Boise and we had several stops. He road right up on her butt the whole time.

This is ridiculous. My God, we have sooo many drug abuser parents in every state, the kids are removed and the Judges put them right back, even though they haven't cleaned their act up, and then they are going to B____h about a few baby chicks??? Please!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know where your coming from. All the states are like that! At least the ones I hear about. I have been trying to advocate for the kids that are in very bad situations but they end up staying there! I have written to Dateline, the Governor of our State, the papers (but of course I never seen anything printed), should I go on? I am sooo glad you have a lawyer to advocate for you. With all the neglect going on due to drugs, the least of their worries are a few baby chicks.
he.gif

Oh, I have a meeting in a week with my daughter's school psychology, counselor, teacher, and social worker. We were meeting to revise her 504 plan (american's with disabilities act) She isn't failing or close to failing and has good behavior so she doesn't have an intervention plan, an IEP. Anyway, when I meet with them I'm going to talk to them all about this as well. They all know about Madi's chicks and she has really loved sharing about their growth and goes to visit her principal and talk about them. She even asked all the staff she could what names she should name them. Her teacher lets her hunt for worms on recess for them. So far none have made it home :p

Needless to say they messed with the wrong mother. I have a file <--------THIS THICK-------> on the work I've done with my child for the last 5 years from doctors, psychologists, behavioral therapists, social workers, school staff, etc. I see a counselor myself once a week just to have someone to blow off the excess stress I get from having to do it all on my own. It's nice to have someone to talk to and get advice from or hear that it's ok. I have friends, but who wants to grip at them all the time lol. Anyway, I felt it would be healthy for me to get counseling as well. Lots of parents forget to take care of their own emotional needs when they find out their child has a disability.

So what are they going to do? Tell me to clean my house again? Well, I cleaned again today just to be sure. Go to counseling to make sure I"m a good mom? Been going for 3 years, done. Get my daughter assessed for abuse or neglect? Uh, I think that area is well taken care of.

Like I said, they messed with the wrong mother.

I've learned the hard way, with the kids, document everything!!!! If she gets hurt at the school no matter how major or minor, make sure they wrote a report and if you have ins. take her to the doctor or call them to inform them of what happened. This saved our butt! We had someone falsely accuse us of abuse after they got upset and jealous about something. This person took actual things that had happened and twisted them to make them sound bad and also made up a bunch of stuff. The thing that did happen though we had witnesses and doctors reports and school reports and it save us big time! Our case was dismissed as faulty claims. I am very picky about documenting everything now. You never know when someone you trust completeley might turn on you!

Quote:
Oh I agree. I really wish I never had to learn that people could be this way. I was really naive and hopeful about our society.

I hope the CPS doesn't hear about the teacher letting your daughter dig for worms cause i think there's more germs and diseases in dirt than there probably is with your chickens. I have delt with them before and i have kicked them out of my house. Especialy if it's a complaint from an ex. Even judges know how rediculous that can get. I am not telling you to do that because i live in Ont. Canada and we have rights even if we are women. My dealings had to do with them giving me custody of my grandson. They brought him to me. I finally got tiered of thier questions and told them to leave, i've had him for almost 12 yrs. It's amazing how they try to take over your life if you let them. They should know the first thing that happens after a bad breakup is a call to them.

Back
Top Bottom