Chickens don't need an extra heat source!

We use the heating more for the rooster’s sake than the hens. They’ve all got massive combs compared to their little bodies and frostbite is an issue without the heat lamps. The hens usually couldn’t care less about the cold

We use the heating more for the rooster’s sake than the hens. They’ve all got massive combs compared to their little bodies and frostbite is an issue without the heat lamps. The hens usually couldn’t care less about the cold
We have been lucky enough to not have any trouble with our roosters. The 2 I currently have have massive combs and waddles... but Im very watchful for problems. But, we are very well ventilated and knock on wood.... I don't see any problems in the future.

We have been lucky enough to not have any trouble with our roosters. The 2 I currently have have massive combs and waddles... but Im very watchful for problems. But, we are very well ventilated and knock on wood.... I don't see any problems in the future.
Is this your first winter?

Poultry are hardy long as they got nice clean bedding lots of straw and perches mine get on fine i personally font agree with extra heat fire hazard but then i dont add extta lightening either let them stop laying naturally and start again when they ready but everyone different xx

Back
Top Bottom