chickens dying off

geno 9129

Songster
7 Years
Apr 18, 2016
KENNEWICK,WASHINGTON
i.ve lost two hens in two days,one was ayoung pullet , she was never right from being hatched , the otherwas 1 year old hen her cone was very dull and laid around alot so i gave her 4cc of drench down her throat ,and just came in from the coop and she was dead, she had a messie hind end also, she walked off after i gave her the medicine,maybe i gave her to much its called drench high in vitamins ,checked for mites none to be found .maybe should of gave her vet rx have had good luck with that prouduct

Attachments

• IMG_3808 (2).JPG
    IMG_3808 (2).JPG
    406.6 KB · Views: 151
So sorry for your loss!
Was the messy butt just the one day? I only ask because I have an oddball chicken here amongst my silkies that gets poopie butt all the time, and we have to cut her back end with a kitchen scissors. If it stunk bad, it may have been gleet.

As for the Nutri Drench, that was a good idea, but I just put a squirt of it in a 1-gallon container of water. I will give them that once a week or so, and a different day I give them Hydro Hen, which is probiotics/electrolytes. I hope your remaining ones get better.

So sorry for your loss!
Was the messy butt just the one day? I only ask because I have an oddball chicken here amongst my silkies that gets poopie butt all the time, and we have to cut her back end with a kitchen scissors. If it stunk bad, it may have been gleet.

As for the Nutri Drench, that was a good idea, but I just put a squirt of it in a 1-gallon container of water. I will give them that once a week or so, and a different day I give them Hydro Hen, which is probiotics/electrolytes. I hope your remaining ones get better.

i think i over did it ,i gave her 3 ounces down her throat of that nutri drench, and she was dead the next morning ,she did have a messy butt ,the other pullet didn't i gave her 2 ounces down her throat she was dead the next morning, so won't be doing that again .live and learn i'll just give them 3 drops of vet rx that seems to be the best ,thanks for the answer GOD BLESS GENO 9129

Back
Top Bottom