chickens eating horse feed....

I had the opposite problem happen, old horse tried to eat the scratch on his way out of the barn.(luckily he doesn't have as many teeth and couldn't consume it). He was also yelled at sternly and food was removed from his path to the paddock.
smile.png

KH

Quote:
lol.png
mine too, they also have eaten Goat feed, the wild cats food, wild bird food and dog kibble.
One of their favourite things to do is pick out the undigested seeds in horse poo.

mine get the alfalfa that falls off the bale and 1 time a month i throw a handful of sweet feed as a treat, but thats the way my uncle always did his they live so close together and the chicks are always trying to get to the horse feed that it settles them and lets them know that they are special too!

I feed my horses a pelleted horse feed and occassionally will toss some to the chickens as a treat. They definitely like it. My miniature stallion however, will do anything for the layer pellets or crumbles. But then he eats cat food as well!

can any of you tell me if the wild bird seed that I feed my roosters will hurt my pygmies?

Back
Top Bottom