Chickens everywhere

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by bobelot, Feb 15, 2014.

1. When I went on a vacation to hawaii a couple weeks ago I saw soooo many chickens !! It was amazing ! I wish I had brang corn with me everywhere I went. There were roosters and hens with chicks all around thr markets and stores. When I went back to the airport there were 3 chicks with a rooster and one of the chicks was sleeping on the road where the shuttle comes! Some of thr chickens came Real close to me once I sat around them for a while

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Triple Willow

Triple Willow Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2013
    That is pretty amazing isn't it? Here I can't even let mine run free in my yard without something getting them - a dog! I believe there are several places where the weather is mild that chickens live out like that. I believe parts of Key West is another. I bet those birds would sure add to a flock, great survival genetics (self-sustaining and predator savvy).

3. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Yes, you are right! They are all over Key West. They're protected too! [​IMG]

4. Triple Willow

Triple Willow Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2013
    I bet if there were to be ONE chicken running loose in my town "the powers that be" would hunt it down and blast it with a shotgun.

5. rufus

rufus Overrun With Chickens

May 17, 2007
    I bet you noticed that Hawaii has an abundance of cockroaches. Chickens are the best natural control for roaches.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by