Chickens for 10-20 years or more? Pull up a rockin' chair and lay some wisdom on us!

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes those fuzzy butts are so darling- pics like that always make me want to run out and buy some fertile eggs or chicks
jumpy.gif
, then I remember the nights laying awake cause they wouldn't stop peeping, the cages that were a mess 5 minutes after cleaning them (sometimes looking like a hurricane just swept through there), calling in sick to work because the chick was sick not me, trying not to constantly laugh at them when they were going through that gawky teenage stage and crows sounded more like someone was coughing up a hair ball, the stress of introducing juveniles to the flock and trying not to rush in when the pecking order is taking place....yea, I want to wait a long while to be a mommy again!
th.gif
At least till spring
smile.png

I sang it too!   How could you not?  :lau   Silkies in sequins!!! 
There's a guy behind me with a recording studio that is a wizard with songs and keyboard from way back in the 70's. I don't think he will but I'm gonna ask him anyway. All I risk is "no." And a funny look Lord only knows I'm immune to that by now!

With apologies to Bobby B, and his wonderful Supremes reference:

You can't hurry eggs
No, you'll just have to wait
They'll lay when they're ready
No matter how you fuss and pace

How long must I wait
For some eggs on my plate
The nest box is empty
Every time I check each day

Oh I can't stand to live my life this way
Waiting for my girls to reach the point of lay
Just when I'm thinking that maybe I should cull
I remember all the words of wisdom on this forum

I can just hear Beekissed say:
You can't hurry eggs....

(clearly had way too much time on my hands today)
that's funny. i am glad i am not the only one who makes up songs about their chickens.

i do a version of billy jean by michael jackson

that hen is not my hen
she's just a hen that says i am the one
and rooster's not my son.
he will do a dance
on one leg
on the ground.

okay i am officially checking in to the crazy person hospital..

that's funny. i am glad i am not the only one who makes up songs about their chickens.

that hen is not my hen
he will do a dance
on one leg
on the ground.

lau.gif
lau.gif
"he will do a dance, on one leg, on the ground.." TOO FUNNY!! Now I'll be forced to sing this every time Mr. Nixon does the rooster jig. Thanks bruceh!
rant.gif

that hen is not my hen
he will do a dance
on one leg 
on the ground.

:lau  :lau     "he will do a dance, on one leg, on the ground.."  TOO FUNNY!! Now I'll be forced to sing this every time Mr. Nixon does the rooster jig. Thanks bruceh! :rant
Like my daughter used to say.. "RIIIIIGHT??"

Why not have a song fest to celebrate the 1000 page and 10,000 posting on this thread?
big_smile.png
I'm loving all these songs! Where's that one with the turkey singing about Thanksgiving?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom