Chickens for 10-20 years or more? Pull up a rockin' chair and lay some wisdom on us!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG ITS HAPPY HEN DAY TODAY !!!!! Guess what I found in the coop just now ????

My first ever egg !!!!
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
love.gif
clap.gif
celebrate.gif
wee.gif

This just made my night after a horrible migraine at work & 12 hours at work.

They just turned 30 weeks old this week & I really thought I was not going to see an egg till spring......so glad I dont go in till 11 tomorrow so I can see if I can figure out who laid the 1st egg :) It wasnt in the nesting box but on the ground below it in a hen crop circle they made. I was wondering if all the hen crop circles I saw in the coop & run was maybe from them getting ready to lay.....now I dont know what I am going to do with it lol Might just blow it out since its my first egg ever
celebrate.gif
Congratulations!!!!
I blew out and saved my very first egg, too!
Nothing more amazing than the daily Easter egg hunt in the nest boxes! Like Easter and Christmas rolled into one. And it happens EVERY DAY!

And no matter how old ya get and how many years you have chickens, it never, ever gets old. I still thrill to pick those eggs out of the nest, just like I did when I was a little girl...each and every day.

I follow on this thread mostly and the heritage thread and glance through the Cornish threads every month or so. Don't even go to the other threads at all and will never again, just too much irresponsibility and fluff. I don't to much care to read all those mundane childish post that seem to rule this entire forum. I would much rather talk to folks who have had birds for longer than a weekend and are older than their birds LOL. That is probably why we run off track sometimes, this is the only place we hang and enjoy a little humor and sometimes even some good lifes lessons, and guessing from the loyal following others come her for the same reason.

So for the guy who doesn't want to visit about other subjects such as family raising, child disipline and older tride and true methods..........or whatever it is we choose to discuss, go somewhere else and read and leave us alone to do as we please. But don't try to muscle up and turn this thread into what you think it should be !!

You might want to go to the Fermented Feed thread...Most animals get the same illnesses we do, they even get herpies.
You can also go to Bee's other thread and read all about how to turn unhealthy chickens into works of marvel.
The link is at the bottom of my post.

Then again I might not want to. After over a half century of chicken keeping w/o an occurance of gout [or bumblefoot for that matter] I guess I'll just keep doing what I've been doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom