Chickens for 10-20 years or more? Pull up a rockin' chair and lay some wisdom on us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Very windy day

Good thick short shanks.

Nice mean ticked off looking head.

A nice pair of whites

My husband teases me all the time about trying to keep the coop clean! His grandfather had about 3000 chickens and when school got out my DH's job was to start shoveling
smile.png
He leans toward the OT's way of chickenkeeping and being the newbie I am I only know what I've read in books. Reading these posts I'm beginning to understand where he's coming from. Thanks everyone!

More Chunky Monkey's WLR LF Cornish, The good thing about this pic is that when selecting breeders for the finer things like lacing and color you need good combinations. For example the lighter hen's will be used for their good lacing, while the darker hen's have good lacing it's less promanant but the red is a deeper color which is desired. So their off spring will have a good combination of both and a few with just the right amount of both. Body type is great but as Walt will agree they need work on their heads, Am I right Walt ??

I dunno........The heads always need work. IMO Cornish are the hardest breed to improve and the white laced red color just makes it that more difficult. This is not a breed for beginners.

Walt

My husband teases me all the time about trying to keep the coop clean! His grandfather had about 3000 chickens and when school got out my DH's job was to start shoveling
smile.png
He leans toward the OT's way of chickenkeeping and being the newbie I am I only know what I've read in books. Reading these posts I'm beginning to understand where he's coming from. Thanks everyone!

Always listen to your husband........

w.

These last few pages have been wonderful!
smile.png
glad to catch up on them!!

Had a lovely surprise - my daughter and her family came to see us this weekend as they had to go to S. IL so they hopped on over to SEMO to see us!
celebrate.gif

Not showing off my hatchery mutts, just a happy picture of my grandson enjoying the weather, the day, and the chickens.
love.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom