Chickens for 10-20 years or more? Pull up a rockin' chair and lay some wisdom on us!

Status
Not open for further replies.
would using bread wrapper twistys on some chickens legs work to keep them identifide? make little rings out them on there legs or will they work at them to get them off ..and or what would you use to do this purpose with? ty

The only accurate way to keep track of chicks is to toe punch them, but some people don't like to do that. If you do it when they hatch it doesn't even bleed.

Walt

hide.gif
Sounds painful. I'm not real big on any sort of animal mutilation unless it's spay or neuter. I'm a tough gal but punching holes in baby's feet is past my threshold.
tongue.png
I didn't even tag my sheep when I found out that it wasn't necessary to take for sale at the local auction house.

Could be why I never got my ears pierced....always thought that God would have made me with holes there if it was needed, ya know?

Last edited:
On the dumpling issue. The German dumplings were really potato dumplings, only had a small amount of flour, called klaisa sp. The Swedish dumplings are half potato and half flour called knaddles sp. I don't think you could can either of them.

No zip ties unless you watch your babies like a hawk. They grow so fast, and we get occupied with otherthings. Then...gangreen.

That is good advice. My buffs are 6 months old. Their legs are skinny compared to my Aussie! Ha ha. I just want to be able to tell them apart. I think I'll be ok if I put them on with some wiggle room.. Bracelets for the hens. My sweet man is gonna laugh! Thanks for the info..

On the dumpling issue. The German dumplings were really potato dumplings, only had a small amount of flour, called klaisa sp. The Swedish dumplings are half potato and half flour called knaddles sp. I don't think you could can either of them.

The polish version is perogies..potatoe filling in noodles...delicious...and of course they can be canned...why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom