Chickens for 10-20 years or more? Pull up a rockin' chair and lay some wisdom on us!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry...usually garlic works just fine for my dogs and always have. This year? They must be making super fleas!!!! If the dog would leave the stuff on that I put on him, we might have had them licked(pardon the pun) but he licks it off as soon as I put it on him. The Nustock was working wonders...until he licks it off.

The pine oil is great and has been working for this week and he has not licked it off, so I'll report on that if it lasts.
I think the super fleas are coming from us using so many chemicals...the toughest of the toughest have bred and become immune to the chemicals, kind of like bacteria and worms. Just my 2 cents. I will say that my mutt has less fleas since I started leaving her outside. She waddles in the sand and mud puddles a lot, wonder if that has anything to do with it. Sort of like a chicken dust bathing.

You Gal's are a hoot for sure.................... When I speak you can hear a pin drop and wine glasses shattering LOL.
When I hear you speak, I hear the voice of the wise tribal elder, soft spoken with conviction and wisdom. Until you get peed off, then it's all thunder and ligntening!! LOL

Last edited:
You Gal's are a hoot for sure.................... When I speak you can hear a pin drop and wine glasses shattering LOL.

When I hear you speak, I hear the voice of the wise tribal elder, soft spoken with conviction and wisdom.  Until you get peed off, then it's all thunder and ligntening!!  LOL
:lau Yep! But I also hear the thud of a boot somewhere. Glad to see ya Al!

lau.gif
Yep! But I also hear the thud of a boot somewhere. Glad to see ya Al!
I'd much rather "hear" it than "feel" it on my backside!!

Below are some of the photos I took today of the two birds in question. The black one is the worse off. When I picked her up the back is not as naked as I thought. There are two large areas above the wing joint that are bare. I figure rooster on these. But her but and around the vent are complete down to skin. Her breast bone area is also a little thin. I do see alot of what seems to be broken off feathers. The feather part is gone by the needle is still there in some areas. HArd to explain. I took a long look at the black one to see if I could find any criters on her. No areas of bites, no white cluster. Nothing that looked like dandrph.I did not see anything. Bird is a black austrolope. I did pick up some chicken dust from TSC. We do not burn wood at our house so I asked my father but he has not started the stove yet.

The white one is a delaware, she looks shaggy. I also looked at her no criters I could see. Some feathers are broken off also.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom