Chickens for almost a year.. first massacre yesterday. :(

Beautiful! From the beginning of this saga and seeing Rhoda's poor bum, I did not think it would turn out this well! Yay yay:D! Chickens are more durable than I ever thought and also have more personality than I ever knew. Cold? Yes! Our first frost last night and now I'm worrying that they are cold. Ugh. I'm sure they are fine with their feathers but, ugh our nature to worry! :)

Someone wants to show y'all somethingggg...
celebrate.gif

4 weeks ago:

...Today!!

wow, just read through your entire thread....what an ordeal. I could never have handled the maggot mess. Good thing you're an OR nurse! Rhonda's bum looks fantastic!

So happy for you that all turned out well. You are a devoted chicken mama and wonderful nurse/medic.

Thanks guys. :) I don't *think* she's laying yet, as most days I've had three eggs and I'm fairly certain she would be the missing fourth.. Today I only got one egg though, so who knows? I'll feel 100% only if I have a day with four eggs. :)

(My Black Star has the biggest/darkest egg so she's easy to tell. BO and RIR were always pretty comparable though..)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom