Chickens harvested potatoes

Sbevi

Chirping
Sep 2, 2019
Susanville California
Maybe this is something everyone knows but I couldn't believe it. While harvesting my potatoes the chickens were very interested in my digging and all the bugs and worms that were being turned up. I left them alone for about an hour and when I came back every potato that I had missed, almost 30 potatoes of all different sizes ,they dug up and left on top of the dirt. They pecked at 1 but the rest were completely untouched. So if you ever need help harvesting your potatoes let your flock do they work.

Maybe this is something everyone knows but I couldn't believe it. While harvesting my potatoes the chickens were very interested in my digging and all the bugs and worms that were being turned up. I left them alone for about an hour and when I came back every potato that I had missed, almost 30 potatoes of all different sizes ,they dug up and left on top of the dirt. They pecked at 1 but the rest were completely untouched. So if you ever need help harvesting your potatoes let your flock do they work.
That's is hilarious! They can be such great helpers in ways you wouldn't think.

Back
Top Bottom